* Painted the kids' room--one coat of Serene Sky (yuck!) and one coat of Island Blue (perfect!)
* Procured, painted, and was part of a large team to assemble the Kura bed. (All lies that it takes about 3 hours...by the time Eric and Katie arrived, we were on hour 18.)
* Visited Ikea. Many times.
* Got my car broken into and radio stolen. (I suppose that doesn't count as my action, but I did get to spend 2+ hours and dropped 200 bucks on a new passenger side window.)
* Lots and lots of errands to prepare for a 4 year old's birthday party.
* Spent some time at Maxfield Elementary watching my developing teachers work with some amazing kids on their Public Achievement Projects.
* Did some paperwork for my work study student.
* Canceled my hair cut appointment. No time.
* Hung out at Sojourner Truth Academy with some kids passionately working to change their school lunch. It apparently causes many kids to vomit regularly. (Their coach had erroneously thought we did not meet during Spring Break. Silly woman.)
* Watched an episode or two of the "Unusuals" on Netflix streaming. Why did they cancel that show?
* Observed my future teachers at Andersen United trying out some new ideas to engage and empower students there while taking on issues such as immigration, drug use, vandalism, and recess.
* Took an amazing student out to Vietnamese food. She'll graduate soon and I am already in mourning for missing her. In many ways, I see myself as team teaching with her.
* Grocery shopped.
* Saw "The Kings Speech." The Academy was not wrong.
* Lunched at Muffaleta while cuddling with my husband in the corner booth.
* Shopped: Unique Thrift, Old Navy, Joann's
* Baked a mammoth cake that Carin deemed "the Scottish countryside" and covered it with superhero cake toppers and chocolate chips. The most important thing were those cake toppers. Narrowly averted a meltdown when Spence initially saw the cake without the toppers. "I just (loud sob) thought (gulp of air) there would be (screaming) CAKE TOPPERS!"
* Decorated for the 4 year old party
* Party! Party! Party! Party! (7 kids! + parents)
Can I have another break now please?