Monday, January 14, 2008

Vomity

Do you count vomit by the actual times you heave?
Or do you count it by the number of times vomit spills onto your clothes?

If you count per heave, then Spence vomited 8 times before 10 a.m.
If you are a vomity clothes person, then I changed three times (complete with underwear) before 10 a.m.

More...much more followed all throughout the day.

Spence was really, really sick today. Dark circles colored under his eyes. The copious vomit. (It is now 8:09 p.m. and I did change four times today.) But, he started to show his personality in times of trial. And let's just say he takes after me.

He denies that he is sick. He vomits, but no whining, no listlessness. Constant desires to get up and move. Lots of happy screams. Giggles and demands for milk, followed by more vomit. I resorted to feeding the boy Pedialyte by the spoon. He bubbled up with anger as if to say, "Damn woman, go get me some sweet potato fries!"

It's hard finding the humor in a terrible, no good, very bad day.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Poor Spence. I hope he feels better...and that you don't get sick!

disgruntled said...

poor mama-- at least you don't have to worry about him becoming one of those boys who gets sick and the world must end. i hate that. maybe you should just wear your raincoat all day...

Anonymous said...

Sorry Spence! I hope he feels better soon!! Funny, I don't remember you giggling between vomits...are you sure he didn't get that from Dave? : )
Sending lots of love your way,
A